Got a date night coming up on your summer agenda? Why not heat things up with a home-cooked meal! Whether you're cooking for a new flame or trying to impress your long-time partner, we've got the perfect recipe to make your evening an unforgettable one. Picture a delightful, succulent dish that's impressive enough to be served at a fancy restaurant but simple enough for even the most novice chefs to master. Without further ado, we present to you: Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp with Orzo and Asparagus!
8 oz orzo pasta
3 tbsp butter, divided
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lemon (zest and juice)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook orzo according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add the asparagus and sauté 3-4 minutes until they're tender-crisp. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Once done, transfer the asparagus to a plate and keep warm.
- Using the same skillet, melt another tablespoon of butter and add the minced garlic. Sauté for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Then, add the shrimp to the skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side until pink and opaque. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes if you want a little heat.
- Grate the zest of the lemon directly into the skillet with the shrimp. Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze in the juice. (The citrusy aroma will make your kitchen smell divine!)
- Toss the cooked orzo into the skillet with the shrimp, creating a beautiful symphony of flavors. Add the last tablespoon of butter and gently mix everything together until the butter coats the orzo and shrimp.
- Sprinkle parsley over the dish for a burst of color and freshness. Plate your creation with the asparagus on the side.
And voila! You've just created a mouthwatering and memorable dish that is sure to impress your date. So don't let the idea of cooking for a special occasion intimidate you. With this easy-to-prepare recipe, you'll have more time to focus on creating lasting memories with your significant other. Just sit back, savor the delectable flavors, and enjoy their company. Cheers to a summer filled with love and scrumptiousness!